Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
The Embedded Software Engineer will work closely with the Electrical Engineer to design, implement, and test software for new products being developed at Jaycon Systems. The engineer will be in charge of creating documentation relating to their work, and occasionally communicating with customers to explain features and processes.
Jaycon Systems is looking for a highly motivated, independent candidate that will not only do what is requested, but will go above and beyond to propose and implement new features based on a thorough analysis of the current state of a product. Do not apply for this position if you're always looking for a structured list of tasks to work on — this position will be very independent in which you come to work and look for ways to better the product on your own.
Type: Contractor-To-Hire, Part-time / Full-time
Rate: Based on experience
Schedule: Flexible - up to 40 hours
Location: 801 E Hibiscus Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901 (Remote candidates considered, but local ones preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with team/client to understand the existing hardware product and its requirements
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems
- Design, develop, program, test and debug system software
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Support software documentation
- Provide post-production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Proficient in C
- Proficient in Bluetooth Low Energy, Networking, and Authentication (cryptography)
- Proficient in Linux
- Proficient in use of debuggers (gdb, r2, lldb), disassemblers (r2, IDA pro)
- Working knowledge of common debug taps, tools (Segger JLink, OpenOCD, ST-Link, &c)
- Familiar with Open WRT
- Familiar with Nordic family of semiconductors, such as the NRF51/52
- Familiar with ARM microcontrollers and compilers
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and possess problem-solving abilities
- Bachelor's degree of an applicable field — can be substituted for experience.
- At least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must have project samples for assessment.
Little physical activity in an office environment. Requires mostly sitting on a chair operating on a computer. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Works closely with: Electrical Engineer, Lead Engineer, Project Manager
Occasionally interacts with: CEO, engineers
Position’s performance is based on:
- Ability to successfully meet the requirements of the product
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to improve existing product
This job description was lastly revised on May 30, 2018
Apply Online Now
Use the form below to apply for this position. Click "Fill Out Form" to start the application.