Marketing & Social Media Internship
Social Media Intern
The intern will assist the marketing coordinator with posting on social media channels daily. They will be required to research topics from the industry and competitors and engage with followers on a weekly basis. May need to assist with event planning and/or marketing campaigns.
Type: Unpaid Internship with a possibility of paid part employment upon completion
Duration: One Full School Semester
Schedule: 10-20 hours/week - Flexible schedule
Location: 801 E Hibiscus Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with maintaining all social media accounts, drafting and posting copy, scheduling, monitoring and tracking traffic to strengthen Online Brand Awareness.
- Maintain, organize and assist marketing team with resources, such as images, and collateral.
- Create and develop a variety of social media ads.
- Ensures that company messages and materials are accurate and consistent.
- Monitor online reviews, reports to appropriate department and responds to all reviews/comments.
- Coordinate events to assigned areas including scheduling, agenda creation, logistics, presentations and any other related materials.
- Use DSLR camera to take photos and use post-processing software to edit it.
- Performs related work as required.
- Familiarity with Social Media
- Excellent written communication skills with emphasis on grammatical, editing and proofreading skills.
- Innovative and creative media content across social media platform
- Photography knowledge
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google My Business, and Google AdWords
- Some video editing abilities preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and open to changing objectives and priorities
- Must be a detail oriented, self-motivated, self-starter
- Familiarity with Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiarity of Google Products such as Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Calendar (equivalent to Microsoft’s Excel, Word, PPT, and Outlook)
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- Ability to learn new things fast
- Currently pursuing undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or similar
- Have an active account on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Meetup, Youtube
- Familiarity with social media business pages a plus
- Must have reliable transportation
- Great work ethic
- Familiarity in the Manufacturing and/or Electronics industries a plus
- Must be available for at least 15 hours per week
Little physical activity in a calm, office-like environment with no dress code. The position requires to be sitting down operating a computer most of the time. Occasionally, it is necessary to walk back and forth from your station to the testing and assembly areas. Work environment involves the risk of getting burned when using the weller solder iron and/or the hot air machine.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Position’s performance is based on:
- Quality of social media posts
- Rate of Engagement
- Ability to meet deadlines
This job description was lastly revised on September 12, 2018
Apply Online Now
Use the form below to apply for this position. Click "Fill Out Form" to start the application.