Unity Back-End Developer
Unity Game Developer
Create, modify, and test the code, forms, and scripts that allow 3D and Virtual Reality computer applications to run. Work from specifications drawn up by software developers or other individuals. Assist software developers by analyzing user needs and designing software solutions.
Salary: industry competitive salary dependent on experience with full benefits
Schedule: 40 hours/week - 8am-5pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, update, and maintain Object-Oriented computer programs or software packages
- Software design using flowcharts, diagrams and other planning methods.
- 3D and VR application development
- Work with 3D models, textures, materials, shaders, and sounds to build cohesive and immersive environments.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Write end user and developer documentation such as user guides and API docs
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- Ability to work independently as well as coordinate tasks and requirements with other developers and managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of C#, C++, Unity, Git, Visual Studio, Windows
- Strong background in game development using Unity 3D
- Strong Object-Oriented programming concepts
- Basic knowledge of 3D programming including vector and quaternion
- Real-time networked application development
- Experience with developing Virtual Reality (VR) applications for Vive and/or Oculus (Optional)
Little physical activity in a calm, office-like environment with no formal dress code. The position requires to be sitting down operating a computer most of the time. Occasionally, it is necessary to walk back and forth from your station to the testing and assembly areas. Work environment involves minimal exposure to risks.
Reports to: CEO & Lead Engineer
Works closely with: Engineering Personnel
Occasionally interacts with: Firmware Programmer, Operations Manager
This job description was lastly revised on April 16, 2019
Apply Online Now
Use the form below to apply for this position. Click "Fill Out Form" to start the application.